Thursday, May 24, 2012

San Diego Girls I

April was another busy month. After we got back from partying in Utah, Mark had to start studying for finals and writing final papers. Mark is seriously the best husband ever. He was scheduled to finish all his finals on May 4th, which was the same day that girl's weekend was scheduled to start in San Diego. I really wasn't going to go, it didn't seem like a good wife move to just peace out and leave a very frazzled Mark alone with Bennett all weekend. Mark insisted that he was really happy to have Bennett all to himself and convinced me that I should go, so I did!

It's funny how parenthood changes your perspective. Before, I would have dreaded driving for 2 hours alone in the car, but now, 2 two hours alone in the car, not having to worry about anyone else's needs is kind of refreshing. I met up with Dev, Kendra and Des at the Carlsbad Outlets to kick off our trip, because of course, first things first, we need to shop! Did I mention that all three them are pregnant? Yep, we hit up Motherhood for like, 2 hours. Since this is Desiree's first go around (twins!), she needed lots of clothes.
Modeling the fake baby bump, isn't she cute?! :)

After we shopped a little bit more (Carlsbad Outlets are lame, btw), we headed to some hole in the wall Thai restaurant the Jensen's love for dinner. We all got the all you can eat option which helps explain the piles of food in front of us. It was delicious. Oh man, do I love good Thai food!

After stuffing ourselves, we headed to Andrea's house, who so graciously let us crash there for the weekend. I brought Deveney and Kendra their baby gifts (and Laura too, who had to cancel coming last minute) and since I didn't want Desiree (who didn't know what she was having yet) and Andrea to feel left out, I brought them some little gifts too. Yay presents!

Earrings for Andrea, blue zebra sleep sack for Dev, bobby pins for Des and purple striped sleep sack for Kendra :)

Friday morning we went to the San Diego Temple together for a session. I usually go to the temple with Mark, but it was a fun change of pace to go with my girlfriends. I hadn't been back to the San Diego temple since taking out my endowment there before I got married. It is so beautiful and unique! I barely remembered anything about it with everything else going on that day, so it was like seeing it all for the first time!

Temple!

Deveney and I had a fashion mind meld going all weekend. We were twinners pretty much all weekend! Both of us modeling our new shoes :) Love that Dev is rocking 5 inch platforms at 8 months pregnant. My kind of woman!

After the temple we all headed to the beach. It wasn't supposed to be super warm that weekend, but it turned into the perfect beach day. See how happy we are to be at the beach? (You know what's funnier than jumping photos? Pregnant jumping photos.)

Weeeeee!

The first time I met Dev, Andrea and Desiree was on a six person bicycle. They were living together at the time in the same complex as Chris Jensen and Mark. The girls came down to Andrea's for a weekend, so Mark and I came down from Orange County to hang out with them and Chris. Less than 6 months later Mark and I were married and so were Chris and Dev. Maybe six person bicycles are good luck? Even if they're not, they sure are a ton of fun! There really wasn't enough room for all 6 of us so we took turns riding on the front kiddy basket. Dev's turn was particularly hilarious. We got some very strange looks as we went careening down the boardwalk!

So many wonderful things in one picture :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It was such a perfect and fun weekend, I am so glad that you could come! I just love us, we are some pretty awesome gals:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! You definitely win. Although, since you haven't finished the whole weekend, I suddenly have a desire to jump the gun and get mine done. Ready, set, go! Just kidding...I'm sure I'll find something else to occupy (waste) my time. ;)

    ReplyDelete