Saturday, May 26, 2012

Graduation Day

It was a beautiful day down in Malibu on Friday, May 18th, 2012. Why do I know this? Because I was down there, watching my amazing husband graduate from law school! Pepperdine campus is gorgeous, nestled on a hill with nothing but the Pacific Coast Highway between it and the ocean. Mark's graduation was on the front lawn of the campus overlooking the water. Not too shabby, huh?

Mark's new dean, 10th circuit court judge, Deanell Reece Tacha (the students call her Dean Dean, how great is that?) presenting Mark with his diploma.

He dun grad-jee-ated!

Pepperdine does something kind of different and cool, each student is hooded (gets that fancy scarf) by a loved one that sits behind them during the ceremony. Since I got to hood Mark and sit in the middle of the ceremony with him and the other graduates, Bennett got to sit with his grandparents, so I could enjoy the ceremony. Thanks guys!

After the ceremony we went and took lots of pictures. All of us ladies brought big floppy hats to protect us from the sun. I think Debi and I need to hit the Kentucky Derby, because we make these hats look goooooood.

Alicia's daughter Natasha found Bennett and Keira running around and decided they seemed like more fun than all of us silly adults. I love having Keira around, she loves Bennett and Bennett loves her. As I'm writing this blog Bennett siddled up next to me, saw the picture and shouted "Keeya!"

Alicia, Mark and I (What? It's not fair that they're the only ones who get to wear a silly hat.)

Mark and his proud parents. Mark is the youngest, so this is their 12th graduation ceremony. 4 high school graduations, 4 BYU bachelor's degree graduations, 1 MBA and 3 Juris Doctorate ceremonies. They should probably write a book about raising motivated children.

Proud wife moment.

The gang (minus the kids who were running amok in the background and Dave who scheduled a golf trip to Cancun the same weekend...don't think he's ever going to hear the end of that one!)

Congratulations again, Mark. Couldn't be more proud of you and all the blood, sweat, tears and braincells you sacrificed to get here!

2 comments:

  1. Pepperdine graduations are beautiful! It was cool to get hood him. It took me forever to figure it out last year. Haha. Congrats Mark! What an accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That's so exciting! And so impressive that Mark's siblings have all gotten multiple degrees. Very cool. Congratulations, Mark!

    ReplyDelete