Saturday, May 26, 2012

Graduation: The After Party

Since everyone came into town for the whole weekend after graduation on Friday we figured, why not party down in Orange County together? So after eating a delicious lunch at C & O in Marina Del Rey (if you've never been there and had the garlic knots, go now. Yum.), we drove 4 different cars down to Newport. I won a lifetime's supply of brownie points by taking the cranky, screamy baby alone in my car. I still have a headache.

Bennett felt much less cranky after getting back to his favorite pal. Bubbles and grandpa make everything better.

I failed to take many pictures of the weekend, but Saturday morning I got to go on a fabulous run. Why was it fabulous? Because: beach, cool ocean breeze, no jogging stroller and knowing a Pacific Whey custard pastry was waiting at the end of it. Last time we went on vacation Mark forgot underwear. This time he realized he forgot his wallet after ordering breakfast (thanks for treating, Chris). I'm just hoping he doesn't forget Bennett or I next time.

Again it was not terribly warm swimming weather for us spoiled California brats, but we went in anyway. It's too much fun playing in the pool with Bennett to wuss out! Here's the gang relaxing after our swim.

We went to church by the temple on Sunday so I brought my camera to get some new family photos. This kid loves his grandparents :)

Families can be together for ever...can't stop singing the song in my head when I look at these pictures!

If you're going to awkwardly pose in front of the temple with your significant other, might as well do it right. Presenting: Every prom photo ever.

I took this photo thinking I'd update our blog cover photo, but I'm not crazy about it. We're all a bunch of Squinty McGees.

Sigh...just looking at these pictures makes me sad, since it's the last family fun time we're going to have for two months. Mark is now studying for the bar and hating life, I'm packing up our house and hating life and Bennett is mad at both of us. Sigh. So excited for August!

No comments:

Post a Comment