Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ain't No Party...

...like a Tarzana Ward party! We've had a couple great parties lately. Our Relief Society birthday party this year was a sorority party celebrating the sisterhood of Relief Society. It was cheesy goodness on so many levels. We decorated it with purple and gold and greek columns and a big sparkly Lamda Delta Sigma (LDS...get it?).

Since we were going Greek, Mark, Ben and Brandon agreed to be our studly pizza servers and wear togas to boot. They are such good sports (although secretly, or not so secretly in Brandon's case, I think they enjoyed it).

While everyone ate their pizza a few of us did some silly skits about the dos and don'ts of Visiting Teaching. I do not love doing improv, but I have to admit, the skits were pretty darn funny! Don't: Drop in on your sister at 11:45 pm the last day of the month!


Katy was a woman who just went into a labor and I'm a clueless visiting teacher just "popping by" with my dog that she's allergic to (hint: that's a don't!).


A few weeks later the youth had a fund raiser where they put on a talent show. We have some seriously talented youth. The girls all sang beautifully (and well beyond their years!). Jenna Cowley even performed a song she wrote herself. The boys performed the history of dance, a silly mash up of all sorts of iconic dances like Saturday Night Fever and Baby Got Back. It was hilarious!


Mark and I went to our finally testimony meeting in the Tarzana Ward today and it really sunk in that we're leaving and all the wonderful friends we're going to be leaving...it's going to be a tough day when we pack up and leave, but at least we'll have lots of memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment