Gobble, gobble, gob-
A turkey meets its maker,
Tasty feast ensues.
Speaking of tasty feast...mmmm, apple pie I made, with my cute little turkey friend.
I don't think I've ever had a year to be more thankful for. It's been a tough year, but the rewards are worth every challenge. A lot of my friends are really good at baring their souls on their blogs and I'm kind of a chicken. I don't share my really personal feelings and thoughts because it's...embarrassing isn't the right word...but it's uncomfortable. It's uncomfortable to admit that these last couple years have been really scary. We're watching our student loans pile up and while I know in my heart that the right thing for our little family is for me to not work and to stay home with Bennett, that knowledge doesn't do much for the terrible guilt I feel every time I open one of those stupid federal loan envelopes. I should feel thankful that I get to be home everyday with my little man and I am. I am so lucky...and I need to try and remember that when the mountain of guilt is crushing down on me.
I'm also trying to be thankful for the challenges because growth comes from being challenged. Show me an individual that's never been tested or denied and I'll show you a person living far below their potential.
Of course, I have a lot of things to be thankful for that are really easy for me to see. I have the Gospel to remind me of who I am, where I came from and where I'm going. I live in a country where I'm free to express myself, educate myself and to be whatever I want to be. I have my health, my husband, my happy healthy little boy. I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach and clean water to drink, which is more than most people in the world can say. I have fantastic family and friends (and the gift of alliteration apparently).
I love this time of year. You can't deny the positive vibes of the Christmas season :)
It is a delight to be your friend, I love you K!
ReplyDeleteWhat's with the white headbands? Is that to go with the Haiku? I stole your idea btw and sent Jeanne a Haiku birthday with, thanks! Be thankful sweetie, but don't weight yourself down with guilt. Beleive that it will all work out the way it is suppposed to! Love you, Mom
ReplyDelete