Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Baby Flavored Rice Cakes

Olive oil scalp treatment for cradle cap + rice cereal facial + Bennett's sweet self = A smell that can only be described as "baby flavored rice cakes"
This little man is officially on the solid food train and loving every bite. Bennett's first meal was as much fun for me as it was for him. I can see how feeding an infant would not be very fun if you have anything on your schedule for the hour or so after you start the process. We had nothing left to do for the night but take a much needed bath, so I got to revel in the long, messy process. I don't think any little boy has ever been more excited about watered down rice cereal (I'm sure they all act like this, but it's new to me :)) Bennett kept grabbing the bowl with both hands, trying to pull it to his mouth. About halfway through his meal he just started jubilantly smiling and giggling at me every time I took the spoon away to get more cereal. He couldn't wait to slurp it all down.

Could he look any more fat and happy? Whenever he eats a lot, he gets this glazed over look in his eyes. We refer to it as his "milk drunk" face.

After he finished eating, he started sucking on his bib, trying to get every last drop of goodness. Love this little guy!

2 comments:

  1. i love the glazed over face, what a cute baby you have! i so just want to reach through the screen and squeeze that little chubbo bod:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Milk drunk" face. Too funny. You guys are precious. Absolutely loved the christmas card, by the way. -Elise

    ReplyDelete