This is just a quick little update on Mr. Bennett, for those that don't get to spend 24/7 with him. Here's what Bennett's been up to when I'm not, you know, ignoring and neglecting him (see below post). :)
1. I'm trying to force my love of reading on Bennett early. I am OBSESSED with children's books. I didn't know this until I had a kid and realized that I want every single book ever made for the under 6 set. No, really, if I had the money, I could single handedly keep Barnes and Noble afloat...anyway, I'm trying to get in the habit of reading to Bennett before naps and bedtime. While I love it, Bennett is...undecided. He wants to chew on the corners (naturally) and I think the pictures mess with his head. He keeps pawing the pictures like, "What the heck? Why can't I grab that bunny?!"
2. Bennett is still not sleeping through the night. He wakes up at 4 am, sometimes he goes back to sleep after 20 minutes, sometimes he wets the bed and then nothing but a feeding will get him back to sleep. I'm considering moving up a size in diapers because there is no freaking way he is getting all the way through the night without needing a diaper change. Kiddo is a peeing champ.
3. Still loving solid food, with a definite preference for oatmeal instead of rice cereal (who can blame him, have you smelled that junk recently? The rice cereal smells like wall paper paste, yuck).
4. Bennett is such a man child already. He has the STINKIEST toots, they could make a grown man blush and his cute little baby feet smell like full grown sweaty man feet by the end of the day. It's to the point that I don't even like playing "this little piggy" with him anymore! (Ok, that's a lie, but I definitely prefer to play right after he takes a bath.)
5. He still wears his "serious face" most of the time, especially when there's lots of new stuff to look at and process. He smiles and giggles for me all day long at home, but the minute we hit the town, he looks like the Thinker.
6. Oh, his giggles sound like old school TV static. No cute, "teeheehees" from this kid. Nope, I get, "kkkkkkrrrrrrrrgggggggggkeeeeeee".
Oh yeah and for record keeping purposes, his 4 month stats from the doctor's visit:
Height: 25 in (50%)
Weight: 14 lbs 12 oz (50%)
Head Size: 42 cm (50%)

my womb....my womb.....owie
ReplyDeleteHe has grown so much just since I was there!
ReplyDelete