Sunday, August 1, 2010
This little piggy...
...went to the Santa Monica farmer's market! I was surfing the internet one day and came across a list of the top ten farmer's markets in the US and the Santa Monica farmer's market was on there, so I figured, shoot, I better check it out! Saturday morning, instead of attempting to go back to bed after Bennett's morning feeding, we all bundled up and drove down to Santa Monica.
Bennett all bundled up and ready to go. Grandma Karen made him this super soft, adorable hat and Dani made him this ridiculously cute fisherman's sweater. I was so excited the weather was cold enough to warrant wearing them. He definitely looks like the little Norski that he is :)
We did a walk through to check out all the tents and scope out what we wanted to buy and by the time we got to the end of the street, Bennett decided he was hungry so I got to do my first ever public nursing. Even with my giant nursing cover it felt a little weird. I sat on a lovely park bench overlooking the beach and the pier, so I can't complain too much :)
Katy came down to meet Bennett and after Bennett was full and happy again we set out to conquer the market. The market was awesome! The produce is almost all organic, locally grown and cheap. I'm glad we went down earlier than later because by the time we were ready to go home, it had turned into a zoo. There are advantages to being on a newborn's schedule. Our stroller was laden with goodies by the time we got done, there was every seasonal vegetable, fruit and herb you could want, plus flowers, nuts, bread, honey, cheese, meat...you name it, it was there. I normally don't like to post pictures of food, but I figure there are enough foodies that read this blog to excuse the faux pas.
Enjoying our pastries by the beach after a grueling morning of shopping.
Our loot :) If anyone has any suggestions for how to cook carrot-beets, garlic chives or purple and white carrots, please let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No suggestions on the veggies unfortunately. I have definitely never used them to cook with. Bennett is a little hunk! That is such a cute face! By the way you are looking good :) And I don't think I have ever seen such a variety of cherry tomatoes.. nor white/yellow raspberries! I am kinda curious what they taste like..
ReplyDeleteA wonderful outing! I can picture you and Mark strolling all over it with your pretty stroller (and gorgeous baby within of course). Bennett needs some pants to go with his sweater and hat. :) Did you try the beet greens or roasted beets yet? Yum yum yum! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete