It is hard to believe sometimes that Bennett has been alive for a month now. It seems like he's been ours for forever yet sometimes I still find myself looking down when I'm holding him and I go "Whoa, where'd this baby come from? Shouldn't this baby's parents come and take him back? Wait, I am his parent. He's my son. Crazy! It's hard to describe how much I love him.
Just for kicks, here's 10 things you may not know about Bennett:
1. He has a skullet (for those who don't know, a skullet is a mullet except instead of business in the front it's nothing in the front)
2. He gets the hiccups often - they don't seem to bother him or Kaela but it drives me crazy when he gets them. That's because I get the hiccups once a year and they last for a couple hours and by the time they're done my chest hurts so bad it feels like I got beat up.
3. He loves baths! Just like everything, he wasn't sure how he felt about them at first but he has come to the conclusion that he really likes them. He lays on his foam turtle in the tub and just chills there while we wash him. And then he freaks out when we take him out of the tub...
4. He refuses to be put down. He will be dead asleep and swaddled up tight and yet if you put him down - it doesn't matter where - he will wake up within 30 seconds and flip out until you pick him up. Then he'll keep crying for another couple minutes to punish you and then go back to sleep.
5. He refuses to allow me to hold him and try to play a video game unless he's dead asleep. The minute I sit down in my chair to play he flips out until I stand up and walk away from the game. Then he instantly stops fussing.
6. He falls asleep the minute I pick up his car seat and start walking. He wont fall asleep if you just put him in the car seat but the minute I pick it up and start walking he's out cold!
7. He can practically crawl except he hasn't put it together that he has to use his arms and his legs at the same time. He'll move his legs like he's going to crawl but his arms are stuck underneath him and he hasn't realized that he needs to move them in front of him.
8. He hates tummy time so much that he decided to just roll himself over - at 9 days old! (I told you he was strong!)
9. He doesn't really cry when he's upset - he squeaks like a squeak toy! It's less than manly but I'm working with him on it.
10. He answers every question the same way: "Eh eh."
awesome list of 10 things.
ReplyDelete