Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quick Update

The Wheeler three are doing well. I'm currently suffering from mastitis, which has left me with little energy, hence the blogging frenzy - it involves not leaving my couch :)

Mark just started school again. He's trying to be excited, but I imagine it's hard to look at your 80 lbs pile of boring books, realizing how much reading you're going to do in the next 8 months (we should weigh his books...I bet it's close to 50 lbs of paper). Mark got some use out of his books before school even started. Now that he's a dad his body decided to go into old man mode and he threw out his back. His giant heavy books are perfect for holding the ice packs in place when he lays on the floor.

Grandma and grandpa got all three grandsons for the day when we went down to Orange County. Caleb didn't want to leave Bennett's side. He was fascinated by him. This little boy doesn't sit still for anything, not even his favorite movie, but he sat by grandma while she held Bennett for two hours! It was really sweet.

My first trip to the beach since giving birth. The weather wasn't fantastic, but it was good enough for a long walk on the boardwalk.

Bennett is doing great. It's funny - he was really cranky for a couple days and Mark and I were baffled. We finally realized that he was bored. He was trying to tell us, "hey Mom, Dad, I'm not a lump anymore, I want to play!"

I was pretty prepared for just about everything about having a new baby. The sleepless nights, the breastfeeding complications, etc. but the one thing that really caught me off guard is how fast Bennett changes and develops. When Bennett started fussing because he was bored, I was flummoxed. Our lives are so static as adults, it's weird to see how much a baby grows up from week to week. One day he's a cute, sleepy little lump, the next he's making eye contact and smiling at me and trying to grab the rattle out of my hand. Now I know why every parent ever talks about how fast their kids grow up!

This is Bennett's new favorite game, it's called "um, num num." The rules are simple, I go "um num num num" while I tickle him or bury my face in tummy and Bennett then smiles and giggles. We play it every day :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the um num game post! I love all of these actually Kaela. Your boy is the cutest! I just couldn't be prouder to be the friend of such a great mommy :)
    much love!

    ReplyDelete