I've been a baby blanket machine - these are only a few, I've probably made 7-8 in the past few months
Some things you could make, but it's just not worth the time and effort. The best projects are the ones that are quick and easy, but save you tons of money. I was looking for a sling at Babies R Us since Bennett does not like to be put down - ever - and I wanted to be able to do things like brush my teeth and eat. The only sling he'd put up with was $50 for a couple yards of fabric and some strategically placed batting. I looked at it, made a quick pattern and made my own sling, with cuter fabric for $10. I love it when a plan comes together.
Bennett's blessing outfit. I didn't plan on making him anything until I saw what my options were in store. Super cheap fabrics and over priced to boot. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, it's the most detailed thing I've done in a while and except for a mistake in the pattern, it came out perfectly. I couldn't find a good fabric for the vest at Jo Ann's so Mark had the brilliant idea to use one of his older dress shirts that had too nasty a collar to wear anymore. That's why I married him - he's a problem solver.
awesome. im impressed.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud that you continue to be so creatively crafty! The blessing outfit is stinkin cute! And the pictures of the quilts don't do them justice because you can't feel the yummy soft fabric. The sling is great too - you should write up a pattern and post or send me. Also, can I get a pic of Bennet in the hat I made him? With the ear flaps down. Put him in that darling sweater and snap a pic with the hat. Kay? Love, Mom.
ReplyDelete