Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This and That

This guy and I have been having a lot of fun since we last blogged. We haven't done anything really exciting, I just like to try and record a few tidbits about our lives and especially Bennett since he changes so much with every passing week. We went to the beach since it was 75 degrees and sunny in February (I'm going to miss the beach so much!!!!). Bennett loves to wear my sunglasses. We call him, "cool guy" and he thinks it's the best :)I don't know what it is about this picture, but doesn't he look like a future rugby player? Certainly not a future engineer, judging by the structural integrity (or lack thereof) of his tower.
Bennett had his first big owie. I was trying to get some exercise when I hear a thump, then crying and walk into the kitchen to see this:
I'll spare you the picture of his bloody toe, but it was a shocking amount of blood. I thought he'd cut it on that hard plastic rice bag, but he'd dropped the can on his toe. I thought he was going to lose the toenail but it's holding on alright. Permanently purple, but alright. I had to pour hydrogen peroxide on it every day and bandage his "owie toe". Bennett loved it. He still points to his owie toe and begs for bubbles (peroxide). Let's hope these injuries are far and few between because my heart can't handle it!

Bennett is OBSESSED with his books. He begs for books all day long and if his dad is home, he will literally (heh heh, literally...books...I kill me) sit there all day and have books read to him. When he's bored he wanders into his room, pulls out his favorite books and just flips through them. I hope it's the start of a lifetime love affair with reading. A boy after my own heart :)
Sometimes when daddy is home he can't play, he has to lock himself in his office and write papers. Bennett haaaaaaates those times. Mark found a great compromise, paper on his computer screen, Blues Clues on the monitor for Bennett.
Mark needed a break from paper writing, so we headed down to the Santa Monica farmer's market. We love picking up fun, fresh produce, grabbing breakfast from the bread trucks and enjoying the Santa Monica vibe (my friend Katy called us bohemians, I kind of like it. Sounds fancier than dirty hippies).
We stopped by the pier to enjoy our fresh croissants.
Bennett still insists on pushing his stroller whenever he's not in it. It's slow going, but so cute to see his determined little march.I realize no one cares about my silly photography, but I love capturing beautiful images and dang it, it's my blog, so I can do whatever I want!
Mark and Bennett returning with our loot.Saint Patrick's Day is a big deal in our house. I make traditional corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread. Expect to get pinched if you're not wearing green! I asked Mark to dress Bennett for dinner and this is what he picked out. I can't say I'm surprised he dressed him like a leprechaun.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. From FB: Kendra Michelle Wright - Love the two recent posts. And your hair is getting soooo long! Nice!

    ReplyDelete