Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Day in the Life...

I've got lots of posts in the works, but I thought I'd just write about today real quick (real quick sounds better than really quickly, even if it's not grammatically correct, a fact that makes my eye twitch a little. Also, I like run on sentences.)

Today was a very toddlerific sort of day. Bennett was just being such a...toddler. I was brushing my teeth this morning when I came out to find this scene. Bennett had managed to liberate a bag of dark chocolate candies and was shoveling them into his greedy maw as fast as he could. It was too funny to really be mad about, so I took pictures instead!Mugging for the camera. He was pretty proud of himself for fixing such a delicious breakfast.
Later in the day we went to visit some friends, who had this really fun slippery leather couch (I'm sure you can see where this is going...) Yep, before anyone could blink he'd climbed onto the arm and slipped over the edge with a headfirst crash onto the wood floor below. He's got a nice little shiner to show for it too:
My friends of course felt terrible, but I'm pretty sure after the rice crispy treat they gave him and getting to play with their cat, even Bennett would agree it was worth the effort to earn their sympathy. Bennett loved the cat, especially its swishy tail. He insisted it was a puppy though (which we now call boppies). Anything with fur and four legs is greeted with an enthusiastic, "Boppy!!!". Dogs, cats, hamsters, squirrels...all the world is puppies to this kid.

I don't know where he'd stashed the extra chocolate, but I while I was making dinner, I looked down and saw this face:
(Not sure why he looks so morose, he managed to sneak chocolates twice in one day!)

Probably riding a sugar high, Bennett did not want to eat dinner with his own fork. Only dad's fork would do, no matter how large and cumbersome it was.
I don't have any more pictures but Bennett continued today's theme of, "I am a toddler, hear me roar" by throwing several tantrums and fighting me at every turn. Pray for me that tomorrow is better because I'm too young to start going gray.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Hilarious though. Not looking forward to toddler tantrums. He already throws baby fits so I'm skrewed. Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I still think he's adorable :) I hope he's a more mama's sanity-friendly kind of adorable tomorrow though!

    Also I loved your rant about grammar the beginning. I miss you

    ReplyDelete