Thursday, February 23, 2012

How Do I Love You? Let Me Count the Ways.

Kaela and I decided that we should do something for Valentine's Day, so we had pizza. Did we make it? Nope. Take & bake from Costco. It was delicious. And Kaela made chocolate covered strawberries which were likewise excellent. That's about the extent of our Valentine's Day celebration. After all, it is a Hallmark holiday. It's not as though we're some kind of love scrooge we just don't feel like February 14 is a better day than any other to show each other that we love one another. We did some really fun stuff the week before Valentine's day that I guess you could claim was in celebration of Valentine's day. Kaela launched "14 days of Valentine's" in which she either got me something each day or made me something. One day it was a note with my apple that said, "You're the apple of my eye." Another good one was on a box of Hot Tamales that said, "You're a hot tamale!" Note to all the ladies out there: presents are always better if they're in the form of food or come with food. Anywho, it was very sweet and made me feel great! I am a lucky guy! (Stay tuned for 14 reasons why) In response to all of these nice things (and with a bit of fortuitous timing) I was able to get tickets to see one of our favorite bands: The Fray. We went out for sushi at our favorite place and then drove down to Hollywood.


It was a great show at a great venue! If anyone ever finds themselves in West Hollywood and wants to see a concert, we highly recommend The Troubadour.

IMAG0175.jpg

Oh, and I sent Kaela a card on Valentine's day:

Funny Valentine's Day Ecard: There's no one else I'd rather spend this annual obligation with.

So to wrap up the activities around Valentine's day we decided that we would each write 14 reasons why we love each other. Without further ado:

1. Kaela lets me watch pretty much every sporting event that I want to.

2. Kaela doesn't make fun of me (too badly) for my OCD-ness. I have OCD about some weird stuff.

3. Kaela is a great mother. Not many people would do all of the things that she does for Bennett. Not too many people make all of their baby's food. From scratch. For every meal. Seriously.

4. Kaela is a great cook. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who makes better salads. And has gotten me to like salads. And soup. She's a miracle worker!

5. Kaela is amazingly talented. She makes beautiful jewelry. She makes tons of cute stuff for Bennett. She tailors all of my dress shirts.

6. Kaela works very hard at whatever she does. Whether it's an activity she's putting on for church, helping a friend put on a birthday party, or shopping! ;-) (All jokes aside, she is a very good shopper)

7. Kaela is beautiful. I don't think this one needs any explanation.

8. Kaela is smart. It bugs her a little that I get to go to school and keep learning stuff. I offer to trade her but for some reason she doesn't go for it... I'm sure she'll get her Master's someday.

9. Kaela sticks to her guns. When we talk about legal stuff or world issues or politics, it is a lot of fun and interesting because whatever opinion she has about stuff she sticks with it and it always makes me think a little deeper.

10. Kaela is a kind and caring friend. To me and to everyone else.

11. Kaela is a world class packer. She can pack a car like nobody's business. Seriously. If there was a game show where you had to fit the most stuff in the back of a car, she'd win. Easily.

12. Kaela is funny. Now I'm sure she'll interject, "For a girl" because I told her that she was "Funny, for a girl" when we were dating; but, she is quite funny and makes me laugh. Usually it's with great one liners like, "Playing video games doesn't make you look sexy."

13. Kaela is a great photographer. I keep trying to convince her that she should set up her own business when we move. She has a great eye for it and knows how to position people.

14. Kaela makes me better. She makes me want to be better and helps me to be better.

It's pretty easy to see why I'm so lucky! I love you Kaela!

3 comments:

  1. That's too cute! You are so sweet Mark! You are a lucky guy! Love that w card! Great list too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your entries about each other were so touching! I love you guys soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From FB: Holly Steed - Go hubby :)

    ReplyDelete