Monday, February 13, 2012

Super Saturday

A few weeks back we had a Super Saturday. I forgot my camera, so I only got a few crappy pictures with my phone, but we put in so much work and effort I figured I'd give it a little post. Our theme was "Provident Living", so we did 5 mini classes on how to improve our provident living skills. Being spiritually prepared for life's trials is important, but we spend a lot of time and effort in the church making sure we're mentally and physically prepared as well. The Lord promises us, "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." (Doctrine and Covenants 38:30) I learned a lot of great stuff. Val taught a class on budgeting and financial security - did you know that you can call your credit card company and ask them to lower your interest rate (if you unfortunately have a balance on your card) and they'll do it? I had no idea! Suzy taught a really fun class on cheap dating. It was fun because some of the older sisters in our ward are actually a little bit naughty and since Bishop Cowley sat in on the class, Suzy got suuuuuper flushed. It was really fun and definitely gave me a lot of fun ideas for fun dates!

Sis. Giles taught a great class on how to cook with our food storage. I loved her class because, while my food storage is really limited right now, I fully intend, as our space and budget increases to get our food storage up to the 2 year supply advised by the church. It's really important to me though that it's food we like and that I cook with regularly so it can be rotated and nothing goes to waste. I don't waste food. I just don't (Mark's eaten enough rounds of "leftover pasta surprise" to attest to the fact). Sister Giles gave me a lot of great ideas!

After the classes we put on a luncheon for everyone. I didn't get to stay because Bennett was way past nap time, but isn't everything so cute?! Amy and I (ok, mostly Amy - but look, I made cute parfaits!) did a lot of work to get everything ready. It turned out so beautifully!

Love flavored waters, beautiful, healthy and affordable. Doesn't get more provident than that, right?Look closely at the picture - see it? Sweet boy decided my salad needed some green grapes from the other side of the table. He's such a good helper :) What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment