Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Kind of Valentine

The baby update was getting lengthy so I decided to do two separate posts in one day, I am on a roll!

Mark spent all of last week working on a writing assignment for school, so my Valentine gift from him was a completed Motion For Summary Judgment. Isn't that sweet? Luckily for Mark, I'm not much of a V-day kind of girl, so I was just happy to have him to myself on Sunday. We had a wonderful Sunday morning at church and then decided to take advantage of the sunshine by playing cribbage and drinking diet coke by the pool. We thought it was a fantastic way to spend the day until this old man walked by us and said, "You remind me of the people on my cruise last year, playing cards by the pool...only they were 40 years older than you!" Ouch. Mark and I have accepted the fact that we're old farts, but it hurts to hear someone else confirm it.

In related news, the weather continues to be AMAZING this week. Katy and I spent two solid days in the pool playing with the kiddies and soaking up the sunshine. Natasha and I hit the doggy beach today and tomorrow, I'm going to sit quietly by the pool and rest because I. am. exhausted. Happy and tan, but exhausted! I have to brag now while I can because soon enough, it's going to be 100 plus degrees here and I'm going to be very pregnant and very cranky about it.

Before anyone makes fun of me for being tuckered out by pool play, this is what we spent two days doing, lifting and catching a very fearless toddler and his comrades. I now know why all the moms I know are in such great shape!


After I took this picture Katy was like, "You're going to put this in your blog, aren't you?" I couldn't resist. Tommy likes to throw food into the pool. I was attempting to take a cute picture of him and instead, I caught him in the act of taking the goldfish crackers Katy gave him, putting them in his mouth and then spitting them into the pool. Priceless!


The gang resting in the hot tub after an afternoon of fun


Natasha, Andrew and two very happy puppies in Malibu :)

1 comment:

  1. Jealous.... beach and warmth??? argh!! Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete