Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good Times With Even Better People

Being pregnant make it hard for me to tell what emotions I'm legitimately feeling and when it's just the hormones talking. The past months have been filled with new friendships that have made me so grateful. I'm so lucky to have so many people around here that take the time to include me and introduce me to new and exciting adventures. Here's a sampling...

Law school prom...that's right, prom for adults. It was a strange as that sounds. Dan is in Mark's section and Gloria, his wife. We love them!

Alicia (looking hot in blue) and Katy (looking a-mazing, considering she's recovering from the flu in this picture I believe). Alicia and Katy are two of my favorite people at Pepperdine.

So...you've probably noticed Mark's hat by now. The theme for prom was "On a Boat", as in the SNL skit. They chose that theme because, well, prom was on a boat. In the video T-Pain has a white top hat/captain's hat. I couldn't resist making one for Mark. A couple other guys showed up with regular captain's hats and they were shamed by the grandness of Mark's top hat. This is another Dan from school. He is also happily married and I think that's only his second glass of wine of the night, so I think only the lure of the top hat can be to blame for this picture. Mark's face is priceless!

Ryan at the ward Halloween party. Mark and him are the two first year law students at Pepperdine in the Tarzana ward. His better half, Jessica is one of my favorite people and we love to commiserate about being "law school widows".

Not too surprisingly, Taryn, I, Natasha and Katy showed up to the ladies' Christmas party wearing the same thing, red sweaters! These girls keep me sane! Taryn is having her third baby about 2 weeks before me and Natasha and Katy keep me busy with fun activities and parties. Natasha and Katy are sisters-in-law and they have another sister-in-law who is similarly cute and brunette. They both have 6 year old daughters that frequently tug on my skirt at church, ask me for things and then realize I'm not one of their aunts! It's getting to the point where they're beginning to feel like nieces. :)

Hiking with Dan and Gloria in Malibu...

There are several Dan's in Mark's section at school. Gloria's Dan is "Food and Movies Dan". The reason should be fairly obvious. The other Dan featured here is "Home Owner Dan". Dan has a beautiful home in the hills of Woodland Hills and lucky for us, he and his wife love taking pity on all us renting law schoolers. Parties at their place are always a good time. This is Zachary and he is every bit as awesome as this picture implies. He's also better than me at Rockband.


This flower isn't exactly a friend, but I went hiking in Malibu today and was playing with my camera. Cool, huh?

3 comments:

  1. good update and i am totally jealous at all the friends you have made...it has been tough for me in a regular ward, not very many people in our same age group-which i am fine with, but all the cool moms in their 30's are so busy-it is hard to be friends.....maybe i will do better in our new ward, you are inspiring me to be more outgoing! glad you are feeling awesome, the second trimester is great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you have a blog i love seeing what you are up to and i love that off to the side it says the andrea. it all makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these pics!! I'm glad you forwarded me the blog Mark, this is awesome!! I'm so happy for you guys and how your lives are surely going to be enriched (and, likely, already are so) by your new family member. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete