Mark's still busy with school, it's tough, but now that he knows what to expect, I think it's less daunting. I'm mostly just biding my time until the weather is warm enough for me to wear my cute new maternity swimsuits by the pool! This is the first winter I've lived in California and I have to say, I was not expecting this kind of rain! When it rains here, it POURS. At home, it rains a lot more cumulatively, but it's a slow, drizzly rain that lasts for months. Here, it comes down monsoon style for a couple weeks a few times every winter. A couple weeks ago, 4 different storms converged over California and delivered a particularly heavy downpour. My friends, Deveney and Desiree had planned a trip to LA which couldn't be rescheduled and were expecting me to show them around the Fashion District. Naturally our day of fun fell on the rainiest day of the storm. I almost canceled on them because I didn't want to risk the freeway and I had visions of the entire district being flooded and having to swim from store to store. Then I thought, "What are you doing?! You're from ALASKA, you can't let a little weather get in your way of having a good time!". The freeway was as bad as I thought it would be, but downtown wasn't half bad. We had a blast, bought lots of cute stuff and had Chinese food from a very legit restaurant in Chinatown. Thanks girls for a fantastic day!
...It's never too rainy to look fabulous! (Dev looked equally fabulous behind the lens, why did we not have someone take our picture?)
I'm SOOO glad you braved the rain to come and play. I'm glad we didn't need to swim from shop to shop and even saw the sun for a few minutes. That day was so fun! It was so great to see you!
ReplyDelete