Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another Week

This post is a bit overdue, but I've been reluctant to post because I've had sort of a downer week. I'm currently enjoying beautiful, organic, Valencia oranges fresh from Katy's trees, so things are looking up! You haven't lived until you've eaten oranges (and really any produce) within an hour of being picked. To all of my wonderful Alaskan friends, I'm sorry to rub it in, fresh produce is a luxury rarely enjoyed up there. I attempted to make candied orange slices, I'll let you know if they turn out! If they don't, at least my house smells like oranges :)

I won't go into detail about my week. It was just one of those long, frustrating weeks, where it feels like I've spent most of my time trying to do already frustrating things that need to get done and have got nothing to show for my efforts but frustration. It just didn't let up...I told Mark earlier this week that I felt like the "Job of Minor Inconveniences". It's even more frustrating to find yourself completely down and out and knowing that you really don't have any right to feel that way. I have so many friends and family members right now struggling with real problems and trials and I know that I am a truly blessed individual. I'm not sure how long this sad-sack mood will last, but until it lifts, I'll just blame it on the pregnancy hormones!

I'll do a baby post in a minute, it's likely to be a long one, so I'll wrap this one up with a couple pictures of my latest project. People are always asking me to post pictures of my crafts, but with jewelery I usually forget to take pictures before I give it away. I wasn't planning on making a baby blanket because I figured I'd get plenty, but I saw this fabric downtown and I just had to make a blanket with it. It was too adorable to pass up.



I showed Mark my finished product, went into our bedroom and when I came out, he was doing this. Apparently, the blanket I made him last year is not as nice and soft as baby's new blanket. He may have to fight daddy for it come nap time!

1 comment: