Sunday, July 1, 2012

Costco Keira!

Ohhhhhh so many blog entries to finish and post! It's mid August, but I'm going to back up to the beginning of June to start catching up! After we left LA we headed 70 miles down the freeway to Irvine, CA. David was already moved into his new townhouse for after the wedding and he still had his old apartment until the middle of July so Mark and I decided to put most of our stuff in the garage there and hang out in Orange County for 6 weeks before heading to Utah. Mark studied for the bar (which he's done with now, yay!) all day, every day and I got to watch my soon to be niece, Keira during the week. Bennett and Keira loooooove each other. Since they first met, Keira was excited to have a squishy little toddler to coddle and play with and Bennett was enamored with this little girl that gave him her undivided attention.

 You can thank Bennett for the title of this post. One of Bennett's favorite jokes is to respond to almost any question with, "Costco!" Hey Bennett, where's your milk? "Costco!" Bennett, did you poop your diaper? "Costco!" Always funny. Since Keira came into his life, she's quickly risen to the top of Bennett's favorite things list (It goes something like, Mommy, Daddy, Costco, Keira, Eggs, etc., not necessarily in that order). Now the joke often goes, Bennett what do you want to do today? "Costco Keira!"

This is how we spent most of our summer, hanging at the pool (or beach)

Bennett is indeed picking his nose, it's one of his favorite activities. "Picky picky," he usually informs me as he does it.

Bennett really became a fish this summer. Don't worry, Keira's not actually drowning behind me while I ignore her to catch the cannonball. She's an excellent swimmer :)

Before we started going to David's ward in Irvine, we just went to the 9 am ward near the temple. The first (and only) time we went we recognized a couple from our married student ward back in Provo (Which feels like such a lifetime ago!). Rebecca Moore and her husband just moved to Irvine for his residency so Rebe didn't know the area or anyone yet, so her and her daughter got to spend lots of time with us. We had a blast (especially Keira who was over the moon at having an even tinier munchkin to play with). I wish we were still there so we could hang out...I never regret making good friends, but it's so hard to leave them, which seems like all I've been doing lately. Enjoy the sunshine for me, Rebe!

When we weren't playing outside the kids did a pretty good job of entertaining themselves. I believe that laundry basket is a race car?

I was going to do a separate birthday post, but with Keira, Bennett and Caleb having birthdays so close together it was way too long! Keira kicked off the birthday spree with her 6th birthday party. She informed me the day before that she would be wearing turquoise and she would like Bennett to wear pink (Bennett was happy to oblige). Caleb and Trey are showing off their many angry bird tattoos. They're so hardcore.

Keira's cousin Clare also loves Bennett

Bennett, ever the lady's man...he's going to be trouble someday!

We sure do miss our Costco Keira!


2 comments:

  1. Wait till he picks his nose says "I found a booger, mom. Where do I wipe it?" (True story)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! We had tons of fun swimming and playing with you guys. Miss you, it was so perfect to have here to help me transition to our new area!

    ReplyDelete