With that, here's an incredibly transparent allegory. It's been storming a lot here lately in the afternoons. Yesterday morning Bennett was begging to play in the dirt with his big truck and I told him, after his nap. Well, after his nap it was raining and thundering a little off in the distance, but Bennett with his elephant memory kept begging me for "big! truck!" So we raincoated up and went out to play in the mud. Bennett loved every, messy moment.
I posted the above picture of Bennett on Facebook with this caption (I don't have enough creative juices to be witty twice, so copy, paste.) "Midway Log - Day 10: Though natives have all taken to shelter to ride out the storm, the Captain has decided excavation will continue to press forward, regardless of inclement weather or cold, damp mothers."
We were just about to head inside as it stopped raining and began to clear up. It was too gorgeous to not photograph. I grabbed the camera and ran down the hill to capture it (and Bennett running gleefully after me).
You have to be a photography junky to get really excited over good lighting, but gloomy skies as a backdrop, golden evening sun to light your subject and a cute little boy with long dark eyelashes in a bright yellow coat. Come on, what's not to get excited about?!
There it is, the reason I keep this kid around
A big, bold, beautiful rainbow...
...And a sunshiny little boy to share it with.
Indeed, only after the rain do you get the rainbow. Worth it.

Aw, cute post! And beautiful pictures of both B and the landscape. And yes, your blog makes me do the word verification.
ReplyDeleteOh that last picture is simply marvelous! Actually, they all are pretty marvelous, especially the human subjects :) Love, Mom
ReplyDelete