Monday, January 23, 2012

04 Girls!

Starting in Junior year of High School I began throwing an 04 girls Christmas party whenever I'm home for the holidays. We get together to eat, talk until our jaws hurt and laugh until our abs ache. It's my favorite Christmas tradition! This year was no exception and it seemed like a lot more people made it home than normal. This is the first year that I really felt like, "whoa, we are actual adults!" Kena, Katie C. and Katie B. are teachers, complaining about those young whippersnappers and their cell phones, Katie V. and I are married mommas, Bri is a Canadian(!), Elise and Theresa have terribly official big girl jobs and Liz is almost done with med school! We noshed on salmon spread, veggies and hummus while talking about our wildly varied lives. It's a far cry from our sillier days of eating muddy buddies and giggling about who liked who, but I love knowing that no matter how long we go without seeing one another, we can always pick right back up where we left off and spend the evening laughing (and laughing and laughing). Not sure when I'll be able to get back home for another 04 girls party, so I thought I'd get cheesy(ier) and take a stroll down memory lane.

This year's crew (with the newest addition, little Layla)

Spring of 2002, enjoying the sunshine on our Intramural Champion Picnic day (04 won an unprecedented 3 years in a row, proving we would do almost anything to get out of going to class)

The first Christmas party. Monochromatic was the theme (kudos to Leah and Katie for finding green lipstick to match their outfits - that's dedication!)

Setting up for Junior prom. I believe the theme was "A Night in Paris". Wow, qu'est-ce un cliche, non?
Senior Prom!
Synchronized swimming reunion show! (ok, so Chris isn't a girl, but he was such a good sport about letting us bully him back into that gold speedo)
Sophomore year of college (plus a couple baby sisters thrown in for good measure)
2009, we took the picture a little late in the evening, there were more people there before (this pic is corrupted, I'll have to see if I can find a copy).
We're fun, crazy, caring and not afraid of making fools of ourselves, I love my girls!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh! I feel like a celebrity!
    Thanks for posting this little walk down memory lane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow we are freaking adorable!!!! I love this Kaela, thank you so much for posting it. These friendships mean so much to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. From FB: Tosha Colwell - Great pics

    Julie Austad - I have high hopes to attend another vdz Christmas party Kaela. You all look great in these pics!

    ReplyDelete