So...we left off with Christmas day. After Christmas we continued take advantage of the beautiful snowy weather, by doing some more snowshoeing. Liz, Mark and I trekked out to the glacier to see the ice caves. Unfortunately we went late on a very cloudy day, so the pictures are pretty terrible.
Love that blue ice!
When the sun finally comes out in Valdez, it's best to immediately run outside and enjoy it. So that's what we did! Got this shot as we started a snowshoe along a cliff on the water. One of the coolest things about a sunny day in Valdez during the winter is that the sun "rises" and "sets" many times. It skirts the horizon of mountains all day, which makes for hours of dynamic photos.
Mark, Bennett in the backpack and Grandma chasing the sun.
One of the only family photos I got this trip. I'm terrible about getting out from behind the lens.
Mom and I
Bennett made Grandpa Ken about as proud as he could possibly be when he discovered that he really likes black licorice. Bennett put a serious dent in Grandpa's stash.
Bennett loved sledding, so we had to get in one last round before we packed up and headed out. Can't tell who's having more fun!
We met back up with Chrissy and Kelvan at Moose's Tooth for our tradition goodbye pizza. Mmmm, Tooooooooth...
this almost made me cry...so nostalgic for that wonderful place. I'm glad you got both sunny and snowy days!
ReplyDeleteFrom FB: Chase Hessing - SISTER WHEELER!!!! I just looked at your blog and I just wanted to stop by and say hello to you and Mark and the new baby! (I guess he isn't too new but I never got to see him before I got transferred!) I hope everything is still going great for you guys! Tell everyone hi for me! :)
ReplyDelete