This post is so long over due it's ridiculous (I'll post date it), but I went on a girl's trip to Vegas the weekend before Thanksgiving and it's been nonstop holiday action since then! A forewarning, we four had the most unphotogenic weekend ever. Every picture we took...not so great, but we wanted evidence of our super fun weekend, so we persevered and took the pics anyway.
Not gonna lie, we spent the majority of our weekend shopping. We met at the Vegas outlets Friday morning, before we even went to the hotel. Unfortunately, we were at the Vegas Premium Outlets South, which are ghetto and have nothing worthwhile. We meant to go to the Vegas Premium Outlets North, which Dev and I had both been to before and are awesome. We soon gave up on shopping, checked into our hotel and readied ourselves to tour the strip.
That night was crazy windy. The Cali girls were freezing but the Utah girls were excited to see temps over 40 degrees! We also learned that Desiree is never hot or cold apparently, she's perfectly pleasant, all the time. Amazing!

Hot chocolate for me and frozen hot chocolate for the other ladies at Serendipity for dessert. We sat down in this round couch across from three other girls who were - wait for it - visiting from Utah! Of course we ran into probably the only other LDS tourists on the Strip at an ice cream parlor. No one loves ice cream like Mormons love ice cream :)

The next morning we contemplated getting tickets to a show (really expensive, nothing really tempting) or doing something else Vegasy, but ultimately, we all realized we'd rather spend the day shopping together, so that's exactly what we did! We all squeezed into one tiny dressing room together at J. Crew (not just for a photo op either, we actually tried stuff on)...

Our shopping spree saw a lot of firsts, Desiree got her first Coach bag, Laura got her first Burberry scarf and Deveney bought the least amount of stuff! My first - trying on a garment worth more than $3,900. Yikes! If anyone's looking to get me a belated Christmas present, I make this crystal encrusted Dolce & Gabbana look goooood...:)

The North Outlets treated us pretty well, eh?

After being on our feet all day we treated ourselves to a pedicure before hitting the Strip.

We decided to do one very Vegasy thing: all you can eat buffet at Ceasar's. Ugh, this picture. See what I mean? Not a flattering weekend!

Laura and I vowed to eat our weight in shellfish. We came appallingly close.

Beautiful girls showing off our beautiful desserts!

Don't worry, we didn't actually gamble, but we thought we'd at least make it look like we did Vegas.


Our last picture before we headed back to the hotel to relax. Such a fun weekend, I love these girls and our vacations! And I owe a huuuuuuuuge thanks to Mark and Sylvi for come out to L.A. to babysit Bennett for the weekend, since Mark Thomas was in school all weekend. I scored in the in-law department :)
Ugh! You are making me so jealous! I'm sad I couldn't come - especially since I didn't even get the house I was staying behind for. Oh well...next time. Oh, and what's this BS about you guys looking terrible in pictures? Puh-lease.
ReplyDelete