Monday, November 14, 2011

Getting Older

Mark and I turned 27 and 26, respectively this past weekend. Mark's bday is the 13th and mine is the 11th so we got to party the whole weekend away. On my birthday, Friday, 11/11/11 (cool huh?) I did a lot of very exciting things like run to Costco, Trader Joes and laundry. Bennett was really sweet all day though. He's teething so he's super cuddly and I cherish every moment because he is not much of a cuddler under normal circumstances. After Mark got home we went to a very glamorous dinner at Red Robin (don't judge, we got a free burger and bottomless steak fries, mmmm). Saturday we spent a lazy day at home making chili for a party that evening then we got to leave Bennett behind with a babysitter (whoohoo!) and go kid free to our friend Dan's for our annual chili cook off with our law school buddies. It was a blast and I wish I had some pictures to share, but I don't, so here are some random pictures that haven't made it onto the blog yet :)
Bennett and I drove down to Malibu to take in a women's soccer game at Pepperdine. Mark loves his job, mostly because he loves being involved with sports, all day long. Bennett loved running around in the sun, I loved catching some rays and quality time with my family and Mark loved watching the game :)
One of our favorite activities is laying around in bed on a Saturday morning and convincing Bennett that it's a good time (harder than it sounds).
Nothing like spending the day doing nothing with your favorite people :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthdays to you both! And I love the lazy Sat morning bed pictures. That's totally us too. And I get the trying to convince your child it's fun part. Owen is usually ok with it for a little bit and then is quickly grabbing my hand and saying, "Go!"

    ReplyDelete