Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween

I love Halloween! I love making costumes and dressing up and now that I have a baby, I reeeeeeally love Halloween :) The ward Halloween party was the only big Halloweeny thing we had going this year, so definitely had to dress up. I love the challenge of putting together a costume with whatever's lying around the house and this year I think I did pretty well. Mark and I were Cleopatra and Marc Anthony. Aren't we cute? It's amazing what a can of gold spray paint can do!I made Bennett a monster costume this year and while I know I'm biased, I'm pretty sure he's the cutest little monster to ever waddle the streets of L.A. He loved his costume too. Every time I put him in it he was all smiles running into things with his belly and patting his furry self. He won the costume contest too! :)
Mark (or Marc if you prefer) with a couple of his buddies. Justin was a cowboy, although I don't think it counts as much of a costume considering while he was at Pepperdine he instituted "cowboy Friday" where he dressed up like this every Friday. Yes, that is an Elder in lederhosen. Apparently a woman in the mission made all the elders lederhosen and Elder Grow actually wore them. We love Elder Grow! He's been in the Tarzana ward for 9 months or so and we've all grown very attached to him. This year was the first time I've ever done trunk or treat so I had to do it right. Mark is holding a noodle we rigged into a fishing pole and the kids had to fish for their treat in the hatch of the Tahoe. Bennett's hanging out in there somewhere too.
Bennett's not old enough to care about trick or treating yet but we thought it'd be fun to go to a very popular neighborhood with some friends and hit a house or two. Bennett had a lot of fun throwing his candy bucket. I just think this is a cool pic.
Lizzy loves holding Bennett, but I think she had some trouble with the fluffy little monster belly :)
Katy helped Bennett with his first trick or treat door stoop so I could take a picture.Our only good-ish family picture from Halloween. Can't wait for next year when Bennett can revel in the candy grubbing fun!
I already posted this on Facebook, but here it is again.

2 comments:

  1. Great costumes. I'm always terrible at coming up with stuff for miles and I to wear. And nice job on B's costume! So so cute and you are way talented!

    ReplyDelete