Yes, the title is a tad over dramatic, but it just seemed so boring to call it, "Utah Trip." Girl needs a little pizazz in her life, ya know? Mark did an internship at BYU in the NCAA compliance department this summer, so Bennett and I drove out to spend the last couple weeks with him and the grandparents at their new house in Midway. I was excited to spend some downtime with the Wheelers and see my friends in Provo, but what I wasn't expecting was to fall in love with Midway. It was lovely! Bennett and I had so much fun hiking and running through the quaint little town and exploring all the fun little trails. It was a pleasant surprise.
The first few days treated us to many really great thunderstorms. I LOVE thunderstorms since they were a rarity growing up in Valdez. This is one moving its way through Heber.

We did so many fun things, but I didn't take a lot of photos, so the ones I have are sort of lame. Oops. This is us hiking one of the trails right behind the house.

We got to visit our dear friends Nate and Callie Tenney and their new baby twins, which of course I forgot to take a picture of! Callie, did you take any? We met up for ice cream at DQ before they left town for Nebraska. I don't think there was anything else in Bennett's universe besides that soft serve.

Bennett got to spend lots and lots of time with his grandpa, who(m?) Bennett thinks exists solely to play with him. Bennett is game for almost anything so long as it involves grandpa!

Playing with grandma in a box of junk. That baby loves him some junk.

Anytime I couldn't find Bennett I always knew exactly where to look because he would inevitably end up in Grandma's room playing with her velcro rollers. They literally entertained him for HOURS. At some point we turned the rollers into our own game of pin the tail on the baby. He was none the wiser.

Bennett and I got to spend a whole day with our friends Kendra and Owen. Well, Kendra and I were friends and we just knew Mr. Bennett and Mr. Owen would be best buds. Kendra and I both blog and we're always writing the same stuff it seems, those boys are kindred spirits. We thought it'd be fun to go the park and feed the ducks. Owen dutifully threw his bread crumbs into the water for the ducks. Bennett ate all his bread. Maybe they're not so similar after all :)

What's harder than trying to take a good picture of one toddler? Trying take a picture of two toddlers, that's what. (We so didn't plan their twinner outfits, it just worked out that way.)

Costco trip. Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?!

All this adventuring made for one tired, sweet little baby. Bennett NEVER falls asleep in random places, so he must have been wiped.

Such a fun trip, thanks to the Wheeler's for having us and moving to such a fun place!
How fun! Bennett is soooo cute!
ReplyDelete