Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mom's Visit

At the beginning of September my mom came to visit us! It was a short visit, but we packed 5 days full of all the important things, beach, shopping, pool, shopping, Trader Joe's, shopping, and of course, lots of face time with this little guy:
Bennett had sooooo much fun with grandma! As soon as we walked in the door, after getting reacquainted on the car ride from the airport, Bennett went into a flurry of action gathering all his favorite toys and books to show his new best friend. He babbled the entire time like, "Here, grandma! This is my milk cup and this is my puppers and this is my book and this is..." So cute!
First day at the beach. Man that kid is white. A testament to my mad sunscreening skills?
The black and white dog is Bennett's "Puppers". Puppers is Bennett's bedtime pal. We love Puppers.
Did I mention we did a lot of shopping? We hit the outlets for an entire, grueling day of shopping since Bennett had gotten shots the night before and his sore legs weren't really up for a beach day. He was such a trooper and even appears to have gotten bitten by the shopping bug himself! He was very interested in all the price on these vests.
Saturday my dear husband took Bennett so Mom and I could go have a mommy-daughter day down in Venice. We visited the canals, wandered through the eclectic shops on Abbot Kinney and ate lunch at the yummiest little restaurant, Lemonade.
All in all it was a pretty fabulous week! We can't wait to visit Grandma again in Alaska this time for the holidays. The day after Mom left Bennett got up in the morning and searched the whole house for her. He was so sad when he didn't find her :(

I love this picture. It's pure love, joy and companionship set against the backdrop of a sunny, Pacific day.
Time to go. Until next time Grandma, we'll miss you!

3 comments:

  1. Glad your mom was able to come out and visit! :) Sounds like you guys had a blast! And the book your mom was reading looked like "Click Clack Moo" and I love that book :) So does Bri! :)

    Anyway glad to hear you're doing well! He's such a handsome stud and he's getting so big too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From FB: Jade Ryser - haha i like your writing style. My little man is very similar in the going after everything and the growth department. I can't believe how much Bennett has changed in the last few months! I guess I'll find out for myself tomorrow. : ) Very cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From FB: Deveney Jensen - Impressive! I am like 3 months behind... Uhhh

    Karen Ouellette - The picture of me in my pjs needs to go and I'm not kidding!

    Billie Stedman - Now that made me want to go back and look again!!!

    Karen Ouellette - If it's still there when I go back and look someone is dropping off of the will!

    Billie Stedman - I didn't see it when I went back but I am sure glad I copied and pasted it on my wall! It was the one with you in pj's reading in bed, right?

    Karen Ouellette - Private morning moments with my grandson :)

    Billie Stedman - as it should!

    Karen Ouellette - Plus very unflattering! And I've embarassed Kaela cuz she is not saying a word here :)

    Kaela Wheeler - It's cool, just letting your vanity get in the way of recording precious family memories...I can think of a few times you've posted some very unflattering pics of me, so now we're even :P

    Karen Ouellette - I will always enjoy that precious picture, tucked away in my computer archives.

    ReplyDelete