Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bennett's Birthday Party - The People

Bennett turned one last Saturday so of course I had to throw him a little party. If it were up to me, I would have loved to throw a big giant party and invite all of my friends, but Bennett gets overwhelmed by big crowds and especially lots of kids, so I put on my good mom pants and only invited a few people.

Bennett's Grandpa and Grandma Wheeler came into town for the party, Dave brought the boys up and Katy came over with her kids and that was it! I think it was the perfect crowd for Bennett. Of course he was a little cranky in the beginning so in every picture he's either not smiling or he's smiling and reaching for the person sticking their tongue out at him (it was the only way we could get him to smile until after he had a cupcake that is. Then he was all smiles.)

Before the party Bennett got his gifts from Mom and Dad - piggy bank and a growth chart. We're super original, we know.


Not a terribly flattering picture of Mom or birthday boy, but we'll take what we can get, I guess.


Big boy and his Papa.


Bennett eyeing Grandpa's water cup (Notice that his entire front is already wet...)


Bennett's buddy Tommy kept him busy with a steady supply of Cheeto puffs. Those were some seriously nasty hands (and let's not even talk about the diaper the next morning...)


Tommy hanging out (literally) in a toy that's even too small for Bennett. I'm not even sure how he managed to get in there!


Birthday boy starting on his cupcake...


....Savoring every morsel...


... As the saying goes, "a child is never more affectionate than when their hands are sticky."


Opening presents with his cousins, Trey and Caleb (Caleb's birthday was the 4th, so he was more than happy to open a few presents too). Bennett's favorite gift was the card that went with his new toys (of course). You're getting junk mail for Christmas, kiddo, you're welcome.


Bennett loves to play with his Uncle Dave. Bald men need to stick together I guess.


The Wheeler men (minus Chris) playing in the pool at the after party.


Precious, crazy, baby. I can't believe you're already 1! You sure are loved!

2 comments:

  1. So impressed! I love love everything you made! He's so cute! Happy 1st birthday buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a toddler on your hands now! Ah it is so crazy how time just flies by! He is such a cutie! Great job on the decorations by the way! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete