This sweet boy is 1 year old today! I can't believe it. It is such a cliche, but it really feels like just yesterday that I was holding him in my arms for the first time. This past year has been the best year of our lives. I think Mark would agree with me that becoming a parent was like finally feeling complete. We live for that little man. Bennett is such a joy. A challenging, crazy little bundle of joy. I'll blog about his birthday party later, but for now I thought it'd be fun to list some of his (very strong) personality traits/habits so we can see how he changes/grows in the future.
Bennett is incredibly determined. He isn't easily distracted from a goal and once he's got something in his mind, he doesn't forget about it.
He's every bit his mother's son. He doesn't like to be cooped up in the house all day. He sometimes gets cranky when we've been home all day. The minute you start putting on your shoes to go out on an adventure, he gets happy again. He can't sit still for long. It drives Mark crazy. Mark loves to just chill on the couch and unwind. Bennett and I would rather do almost anything else.
Bennett is exuberant, expressive, stubborn and more fun than we could have ever wished for. His latest skills include toddling 9-10 steps at a time, usually from one toy to another, repeating sounds back to us and loving on the sound of his own voice (usually during quiet moments in church). He loves food more than anyone I know. All food; he eats anything you put in front of him (and if you're not vigilant, whatever you were planning on eating yourself). He cannot handle someone else eating around him, even if he just got done eating, you have to share with him. He likes to point at us, high five and clap. He doesn't say any real words yet besides, Mama and Papa. We sort of waffled back and forth between calling Mark "dada" and "papa" and Bennett is apparently going with Papa.
Love our sweet man, so sad that he's growing up, but also excited to see him develop into a little person. Can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!
So cute! Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday B! He is so darling and has such a great personality. I can't wait to see more about his birthday.
ReplyDelete