Saturday, May 21, 2011

A House Is Not a Home...

...until you've spent too much money at Home Goods. That's their slogan, right? Remember my sad duvet cover accident (revisit the horror here)? I spent a couple months searching the internet for duvet covers/fabric for duvet covers. I learned a lot in my search. Did you know fabric can be $600/yard? Or that people make a living buying stuff and selling it for double the price on eBay? I finally found a duvet I love at Home Goods this week! Yay! (Alright, my life is really boring if a duvet has me this excited.) Wanna see it? Here ya go:

I love it :)

I've also had a couple other projects going on lately. I helped a girl in my ward put sleeves on her prom dress (a whole entry coming on that later). I've been wanting to make a picture frame jewelery hanger for a while and finally made these:

Shabby chic white rose frame with black lace.

Frame hung on the wall without the back, rather than standing on the dresser.

This is the frame on the table instead of the wall with blue paper. Do we like it? I think I prefer it on the wall.

Close up.

I can't decide which I like more. I was planning on selling one of them, but I really like them both....we'll see.

My other project also involved picture frames. In my imagination, the new pillows I'm going to make are going to go really well with this:
Look, I finally got around to hanging a picture from our family photo shoot when Bennett was 6 weeks old. Only took me 9 months.

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with those earring frames! Holy cute. What a good idea. You should totally make more and sell them. You'd make a fortune :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From FB:
    Alex-Holly Steed - Love it! What great ideas! I am going to make some picture frame earring holder....nice!

    ReplyDelete