Jet Blue was running a sale so last minute, I scrapped our plans to drive to Utah (10+ hour car ride, yuck) and flew instead (1 1/2 plane ride). Aside from looking completely ridiculous walking through the airport pushing a stroller, car seat, hiking backpack, diaper bag and carry-on with Bennett strapped to my chest, it was a great experience. There were tons of babies and small children on the plane and not ONE of them cried, during the WHOLE flight. How amazing is that? It was like they were pumping Valium through the air conditioning.
I pack light.We got in on Saturday, went to church on Sunday and just relaxed with Grandma. Monday Sarah and I took Bennett on a little hike...



...and got some Mexican at the Tarahumara. Yum yum yum! And paper and crayons to boot. My guy won an Olympic gold metal in front handsprings, apparently.
Tuesday Sarah and I went hiking in Pleasant Grove. I don't remember what the hike was called but it was cool, especially because it reminded me of home. Hiking to a waterfall on wet, loose shale. Just like Valdez :)
Hanging with Sarah was super fun, I love having an excuse to visit her in Utah now! The second half of the trip is up next!
No comments:
Post a Comment