Sunday, May 15, 2011

Girly Utah Trip - Part 2

Bennett learned to climb stairs during our week in Utah. That has nothing to do with the rest of this post, but he just looked so cute!

Deveney, Desiree, Kendra and Laura got in to Midway Wednesday night. We spent a couple hours gabbing and laughing, then hit the hay, ready to party all day Thursday.

The girls had some serious drama Thursday morning, apparently the city shut off their water and they had no water for showers and breakfast. Ick. I think they got a couple free nights though, so not too shabby, right? Who am I to talk though - I had water at my place. :) I ditched Bennett with his grandma, who was happy to take him and we went to do what we do best - SHOP. We spent all day at the outlets.

All five of us ate lunch on a single bench. It was a special moment.


I had to leave after a few hours to feed Bennett, but I think the girls spent 7+ hours shopping. Atagirl! Oops. Hope our husbands don't mind our shopping spree!

Des had to take off for choir practice so the four of us brought Cafe Rio back to the condo and spent another evening shooting the breeze (my favorite!).

Friday Kendra, Dev, Des, Bennett and I went hiking while Laura worked on her YW lesson for Sunday. We hiked the same trails behind the house that Sarah and I had been on a few days earlier, only it was beautifully warm and sunny, so it was that much better. We also hiked to the top of the hill in front of the house to see all of Heber/Midway.


We couldn't resist taking jumping shots on the top of the hill. This wasn't even choreographed! They were just that in sync.

After hiking and showering, we had lunch at the Dairy Keen in Heber (It was ok, we tried to go to Granny's, but they were closed. Their sign said, closed - see you in May, but by "May", they apparently meant, "May 20th". Grrrrr.) We spent the afternoon wandering the cute little shops in Midway.

What is with us and sitting on benches this trip?

Friday night we were going to do a craft night. I brought supplies to make this headband. Desiree's sewing machine hated the invisible thread I brought so we only managed to make one headband. It was still a fabulous evening though. We laughed and laughed and laughed and then we watched Tangled (and maybe teared up a little...shut up. It was deep.).

I was sad to leave my friends. Desiree, Deveney and I stayed close friends over the years since we all knew each other in our single days. Kendra and I reconnected after we had our sweet baby boys and spent our late nights Facebooking and blogging about our eerily similar kiddos. Laura and I had met a couple times, but didn't really know each other. Love her and love making new friends!

My friends are such an important part of my life - it felt good to devote some time to them - miss you all and a HUGE thanks to my awesome mother-in-law Sylvi for taking Bennett off my hands so much and letting me pretend to be a single gal for a few days.

4 comments:

  1. So fun! You definitely beat me posting, i came home and have been just slammed, maybe next week? I am already excited for girls weekend 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! That inspires me to get on it and get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! I wish we were all there now...

    ReplyDelete