Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Break

As I mentioned before, we went to Utah for spring break. Since last year's spring break was a write-a-35-page-paper break for first years, this was our first official spring break, EVER (BYU doesn't do spring breaks). Mark's parents just bought a house in Midway, Utah so we had a free place to stay and thought it'd be fun to go visit our old stomping grounds and see our friends still living in Utah. The house is unfinished and not super moved in yet so it was sort of an adventure. It was like camping in a mansion. :) It didn't cause us too many problems, except when we wanted to shower...in a ground level bathroom with no curtains...that has a popular dog walking path running by it...I hope we didn't accidentally give anyone a show!

One great thing about the snow, Bennett's cute snow suits :) Actually, in this picture, I think it was just really cold in the house one morning. Either way, so cute!

So most of my winter clothes are in Alaska, that's my excuse for this outfit. Don't be jealous, you know my ski tights tucked into polar fleece socks are super hot.

I got to catch up with my friend Kelli and meet her little one, Brinley. Kelli and I lived together in the dorms and then in Raintree before either of us got married. We reconnected through blogging when we both had babies. So fun!

Brinley and Bennett were really cute together, they kept holding hands and putting their heads together, but we couldn't quite get a good picture of it. Brinley really wanted to hold Bennett like her dolls - she didn't quite understand that she only had maybe a pound or two on Bennett and he would likely crush her!

We watched the BYU March madness games in Midway and had a couple parties. We managed to get together with almost all of our friends between the two games.

Bennett thinks his daddy is awesome. Daddy agrees.

Chuck and Desiree made it out to our house for our first party, but Bennett was asleep, so we thought it'd be fun to meet up with them for dinner in Sandy. Bennett LOVES playing with Desiree (I bet most kids do - she's very engaging).

I don't have any pictures of Sarah and I for some reason, but I also got to spend a lot of time, probably more time than over the past few years combined, with her. I don't think very many people are lucky enough to have a best friend like my best friend. I love the security of having a truly unconditionally loving bestie. You rock Rah-rah!

I also don't have any pictures of Josh and Sarah, but we got to spend a couple nights hanging with them too. Josh and Mark are two peas in an oreo-loving pod. I'm so glad Josh has Sarah now so I can stop being the constantly teased third wheel. :)

That was pretty much our vacation. The weather didn't lend itself very well to any outdoor activities so we mostly just hung out with friends and each other. It was great!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww thank you K! I love you too and I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you while on the beach in Santa Monica, I really did. But it was too late. We spent less the 24 hours in LA, then the rest in Bakersfield. Next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete