I know, I've got to stop with the cheesy titles. Sorry, but I'm tired. Bennett had his 9 month doctor's appointment this morning. He technically turned 9 months on the 2nd, but we couldn't get in with his pediatrician until today. Today was also the first time I had to fill out one of those child development questionnaires. I have to say, it was a little nerve wracking. Bennett is my only baby and I've never spent a lot of time with other people's babies, so Bennett is my normal. I don't really know if he's advanced, average or below average. He's just my sweet baby. :) The doctor checked Bennett out and looked over his chart and said that Bennett is pretty advanced across the board. His gross motor skills are very advanced, as are his fine motor skills and his communication skills are above average. It's really obnoxious to brag about your kids, so I apologize, but this blog is in lieu of a baby book, so I want to make sure this sort of thing is recorded for Bennett in the future.
Doctor also confirmed that Bennett is indeed a huge piglet. Mark and I were already aware, but it's been officially confirmed. Here are his stats:
Head size: 45 cm (50%)
Height: 28 1/2 inches (50%)
Weight: 21 lb 7 oz (75%)
Yep, Bennett is our Fatty Fat McFatfat :) I'm not that surprised, he's a solid little man. He's not really even that fat, he's got chunky thighs, but other than that, he's just a buff little boy.
Piglet baby having a snack
Full belly
We're so lucky. Bennett is a perfectly healthy, happy, normal little boy. His current favorite activities/new skills include walking around on the furniture, using his parents as stepping stools to climb even higher, exploring every cupboard and unfamiliar item he can get his hands on. He likes to eat everything and anything. One of his current favorites is sauteed mushrooms and onions. He giggles with delight when he sees his snack bag in my hands. He's a big fan of "floor cheerios". We have a habit of sprinkling the floor with cheerios to help keep him in a certain play area. He's going to have the world's best immune system (we tell ourselves that's why we let him eat off the floor, not because we're super lazy, but really, it's because we're super lazy). He babbles constantly now and yesterday, we're pretty sure that he said, "Mama" at me and actually meant me, not just nonsensically talking.
It's humbling to watch children grow and discover. The rate at which they learn is astounding and humbling. I love being a mama, especially to such a sweet little man. I'm surprised at how much I love being a mom and how natural it feels. I was never one of those traditional or baby hungry types, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only do I love being a mom but I revel in it. I finally feel like I'm the person I'm supposed to be. It's amazing how completely my paradigm has shifted in the short amount of time that my little boy has been in the world. Wouldn't trade him for anything!
ohhhhhhhh my gosh, cutest suit ever! I love this post kaela, corny title and everything. I think the corniness is part of being a mama :). I can't wait to see you and Mr. B again soon
ReplyDeleteBrag away. He is darling and I'm so glad he is so happy and healthy and that you are loving being a mom so much. :) also, we totally do th floor cheerios thing too. You'd think with a first child I'd e more careful about germs...but I'm not. :)
ReplyDelete