Anyway, Grandma Karen came to visit and we had so much fun!
We did lots of California type things. We went hiking up on the farm behind my house. Bennett is a big fan of his backpack. He giggles and flap his arms whenever I put him in it.
We went down to the Santa Monica farmer's market - twice. If it looked delicious, we bought it!
We strolled over to Ocean Avenue to have some breakfast and got some sun.
Of course there was lots of down time to spend just hanging around and playing with grandma (pretty sure Bennett has wet his pants in this picture...good parenting, me).
One of the highlights of Mom's trip was hiking on the hills behind Pepperdine. There's a farm up at the top of the hill and the view is pretty fantastic. Don't you agree?
Bennett likes to drink out of my water bottle. It has a straw so he can slurp away. Now he gets cranky when he sees me drinking out of it and I don't give him a turn.
There are llamas on the farm, aren't these the cutest llamas you've ever seen? That mop top on the red kills me!
We met Mark for lunch after our hike at a little sandwich shop in Malibu. Then, since it was right there, we went for a walk on the beach. It's been a rough January in L.A. :)
Our traditional sushi farewell dinner. Bennett got his mitts on that giant bowl of sauce shortly after taking this picture...and spilled it all over the floor. He's got some serious grabby hands, that boy.
haha I wish I was the one that had stolen that shirt! This looks so fun and Bennett is getting more and more adorable, I can't wait til it's my turn to see you!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I love grandparent visits! I can't wait for nicer weather to go for hikes and walks to the park! Though I'm happy to not live so close to campus anymore because of all the people, I do miss walking on the trails south of campus next to the duck pond. By the way you are looking good! I love the jacket/wrap you are wearing on the beach. :)
ReplyDeletehow fun! I love when my mom comes! My kids love it too! I will have to see if I can get her to do some of the things y'all did when she comes out in March. If she won't my dad will for sure!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great time with Grandma! I love the picture where Bennett wet his pants. Happens to me too. ;) Bennett is absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeletefun, this trip totally includes all of my favorite things! i love this pic of you, mark, and bennett, it is super cute of you{and the boys!}
ReplyDelete