Bennett also had his 6 month check up Friday. I don’t think they gave me the check up sheet, but I remember that he was 27 inches long (55%) and 17 lb 6 oz (50%). He is actually super skinny up top, all his weight is in his giant chunker thighs. They are so huge! He’s definitely got Mark’s barrel chest. He’s such a big boy, I can't believe how fast he's growing up!
The playmat of mayhem, you might recall. This is how my big boy plays with it now. Rolls off of it and then kicks it over.
The past few weeks have been full of firsts, so excuse the text heavy entry. He started really teething at Christmas time and cut his first tooth right around the New Year. He’s got the second bottom front tooth coming in already and the top two front teeth aren’t far behind. The first tooth was making him so miserable. He was getting up for a couple hours in the middle of the night and not napping more than 45 minutes. It was exhausting for everyone. We gave him Tylenol though and he got through it. We thought he might have an ear infection because it’s so hard to tell the difference between ear infections and teething. I was really hoping he’d be more like me in that department since I never got ear infections and Mark apparently had chronic ear infections that made him super miserable. Luckily, it turned out to only be teething, so phew, bullet dodged for the moment.
Bennett is not a cuddler. It's a picture worthy moment when he's in the rare mood to snuggle. Grandpa had to tucker him out to earn this cuddle.
Friday was his first fever. We got him a flu shot at his doc appointment and it didn’t seem to phase him at all. He let out one cry then forgot all about it, so I was really surprised to find him practically on fire when I went in to feed him at 11 that night. He never got a fever or anything when he got the several rounds of shots at once, so it was kind of weird that the flu shot would affect him so much. He was running a temperature of 103 degrees, which is right on the line of when they usually say you should go to the doctor’s office, but he wasn’t fussy at all, so we just gave him some Tylenol and put him back to bed. When we checked on him an hour or so later his fever had already broken and we were able to sleep more peacefully. He’s such a sweet, easy baby. We’re so lucky!
He started sitting up completely on his own Friday too. We sat him on the scale at the doc's instead of laying him down and that was that. He hasn’t fallen down since.
Now that we’re in the clear on ear infections, teething pain and fevers, the only thing left to deal with is the constipation. Bennett has had trouble with his poop ever since we started solid foods. I gave up rice cereal almost immediately and switched to oatmeal and barley, which shouldn’t constipate him at all, but they do anyway. We’ve added avocados, peas and apples and even with prune juice, he’s still so constipated. It’s ridiculous…I hope this isn’t a long term problem for him.
Bennett "enjoying" some homemade pea puree. You win some, you lose some with this kid. I, Mark, the carpet and the bumbo lost this round. Well played, sir, well played.
Let’s see…anything else new…We call Bennett “Benny Two Fingers” because he has a habit of putting his pointer and middle finger in his mouth and just sort of…sucking on them or letting them hang out there. He just likes to have two fingers in his mouth at all times.
He also started to stick his tongue out a lot, mostly when he’s smiling. It’s weird and cute at the same time.
Me bringing sexy back with Bennett's new favorite thing - the hiking backpack. It's ugly as all get out, but it was $15 at Children's Orchard and super comfortable.My handsome dudes, all ready for church this morning.
Phew! That's it! I think I'm all caught up. Time for bed :)
He is so so darling. I love those big eyes! I can't believe how many teeth he's gotten in. Owen still hasn't gotten any. I hope his constipation goes away cause that's no fun. He is just a doll though and I love his darling church outfit!
ReplyDelete