Most people celebrate Christmas in the morning of the 25th, but around these parts we do Norwegian Christmas. We have a beautiful dinner and open presents on Christmas Eve. Santa even makes an appearance!
Notice the middle left picture where Trey is tugging on Santa's beard. Apparently Trey had said that Santa wasn't real because his beard is fake. Well, when we challenged Trey to pull on Santa's obviously real beard, he started back tracking and like any good older brother, blamed his younger brother, Caleb, "No, I didn't say that!...I think I heard Caleb say something..." Everyone enjoyed sitting on Santa's lap.
I got spoiled this year. Well, truthfully, I get spoiled every year. This year was no different, but this year apparently came with a theme and that theme was ears. Santa started things off by giving me the most random sweatshirt ever. The hoodie strings have earphones at the end and an iPod jack in the pocket! Crazy elves! After that I got a lot of earrings for my poor sensitive ears. I can only wear gold posts for any length of time without my ears itching so I was very grateful for the new additions to my very small collection. Thank you everyone!
Mark Thomas wanted some new sunglasses but I didn't know what type he wanted so I thought I'd just wrap up an ugly old pair of glasses laying around the Wheeler's as a place holder. Only problem was, aviators are totally back in and I don't think anyone realized it was a joke. They do look pretty awesome though, don't they?
Mark Senior looked particularly cool in his glasses and new leather bomber. Tom Cruise, eat your heart out. Can I get a, "Talk to me goose"?
Mr. Bennett didn't get his first picture with Santa this year. He made a valiant effort to stay up until Santa came at 8 but by 7:15 he was a sleepy little man and wanted nothing more than to be put to bed. I had a feeling that might happen so we took a family photo in front of the tree before dinner.I hope everyone is having as wonderful a holiday season as I am. My poor baby is teething and my husband is sick, but we're together and enjoying all this extra time together. That's the best part of the Christmas season. There's nothing you could wrap and put under the tree that would trump the joy I get from being with my family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment