Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Defying Gravity

I realize people get sort of anxious when very pregnant ladies stop blogging, so here's a quick "No, still no baby" entry.
Every time I look at my belly in the mirror I get "Defying Gravity" from Wicked stuck in my head. Why you ask? Because this kid continues to grow larger and larger and yet, refuses to "drop". Usually a week or so before birth the baby belly drops down noticeably, giving women that lovely "I could give birth at any second" waddle. Our little man is in no hurry to make an appearance apparently because he's clinging to my ribs like he means to stay in there forever. He has until Monday night though and then he's getting evicted. :) Because of his likely large size, doc's only giving him a week tops past my due date to come out on his own and Monday night seemed as good as any, so come hell or high water, we'll have a baby sometime by the 6th.

I would really like to avoid being induced though, so feel free to chant/pray/sing along with Mark and I, "Come out little baby, come out!" or some variation on that theme.

In other news, my momma just came in this morning, Mark is done with his internship and enjoying a few days of relaxation before baby arrives, so things are good in the Wheeler household.

This is Mark watching World Cup soccer. Notice how all valuables/sharp objects have been moved out of his reach in case someone scores?

3 comments:

  1. Kaela, you look adorable! I love the babies room too. You guys are so ready! I hope the baby comes without you needing to get induced. We'll keep you in our prayers. We're so excited for you! And good luck with everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!! I've been watching world cup soccer too, and it is embarassing when you explode uncontroallably into cheering in public situations, but I feel for you Mark, you just can't help it! Love the belly Kaela, but I'm chanting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bundle of joy will be here before you know it!.. And sooner than you think you will be wanting another baby to kick inside of you.

    I suggest for Mark to firmly rub the inside of your shins/calves down to your feet. Apparently this helped one of my friends go into labor. She said she has met several other people that have claimed it to work too.. Though it didn't work for me, but I definitely tried it!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete