Monday, April 2, 2012

Mom's Trip II

After our long day in Orange County we decided to have a chill day so Bennett could show Gaga his favorite park. I think Gaga is pretending to be in jail here...Bennett's not really in on the joke :)
Friday was supposed to be the nicest day of the week so we thought we'd go on a little hike in the morning while the clouds burned off, then relax on the beach in the sun. The clouds had other plans and it never did get sunny, but it was a fun day anyway!

Mom at the top of our hike with south Malibu in the background


We walked down on a really secluded beach at low tide with some great tide pools. There were starfish everywhere! (I hate the new blogger by the way, it keeps reformatting stuff)

I was trying to take a picturesque shot of Mom but this hilarious dog kept running by. He was the happiest dog I've ever seen - he ran back and forth, back and forth...Bennett excitedly shouted, "PUPPY!!!" in my ear for about half an hour. I'm probably going to lose my hearing thanks to Bennett's love of dogs...
Bennett and I at the top of our hike, Zuma beach in the background

We didn't get any sunshine by we did get whales! It was funny, we parked our chairs on the beach right in front of where our car was parked and mom said that the only thing that would make the day more perfect would be to see some grey whales (I'd mentioned earlier that it was the very end of grey whale season before they head back up to Alaska for the summer). Lo and behold, about 10 minutes later, two grey whales show up directly in front of our chairs, not 50 yards off the coast!

 
They weren't super active so no breech shots or anything, but they and a few dolphins did splash around together for half an hour or so.
Bennett hanging with Gaga on the beach.
On our last day Mom and I got to go downtown and have some fun in the fashion district. This trim shop was a new find for me and as you can see, it was pretty intense! I'm going to miss the fashion district so much :(
Sometimes Gaga got a little tired from all of our adventures and needed to rest in her room for a while. Bennett almost always found his way onto the bed too, book in hand. It doesn't look like Gaga minded too much. Hard to resist that sweet little face :) It was a quick visit, but a good one!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh I'm going to miss coming to stay with you guys and sleeping on your ginormous awesome air mattress! This looks like a fun trip! Can't wait until you are mine (read: in Utah) though!

    ReplyDelete