Saturday, September 11, 2010

Too Much Good Stuff

I never frequent the gas station AM/PM, but I'm borrowing their slogan for my title anyway. They also have a billboard that says, "A corn dog is a hot dog wrapped in a delicious sweater." Makes me happy every time I go by it. This post is all Bennett, all the time, but let's be honest, he's why anyone checks this blog anyway.

Bennett had his two month check up a couple days ago. He's 12 lbs 4 ounces (60th percentile) and 23 1/4 inches (50th percentile). Doc was very impressed with his strong legs, head control and the speed with which he sucked down his medicine (Doc - if he isn't guzzling - he isn't happy).

Here's a little of what we've been up to lately:

Mark reading Ethical Lawyering homework to Bennett. That look says it all, "Mom - why is Dad trying to bore me death?"

Bennett is constantly moving, trying to get a picture of him while he's awake is a challenge. I tried to get a picture of him in the outfits his great Aunties have sent him.

Mark thought the tan bucket hat completed this look. Mark's made some interesting fashion choice with Bennett's wardrobe. I had to go to church the other night and Mark dressed him while I got ready. I come out and he's wearing a onsie with ACDC's signature black and orange tie on it and "ACDC" across the bottom. Mark's response to my raised eyebrow was, "What? - it's a tie, it's fancy!" The next morning he though the perfect accessory for Bennett's army green tshirt and shorts was...bright, obnoxiously orange socks...sigh.

As you can see, Bennett still doesn't appreciate being set down. I only set him down to pick up the camera and this was his response.

He's happy because the hat Granny K made him is so soft and warm :)

First dip in the pool - it was a little too cold for swimming.

Sleeping in the shade while Mom and Dad played in the pool.

Bennett made the best pouty faces!

Snuggling up on a cool morning - just like his Daddy - gotta have those feet free

1 comment:

  1. haha I love the pouty face! Everytime Brin would do it, I laughed it was just so precious!

    ReplyDelete