My baby shower was April 24th. Katy hosted a lovely party for me on a BEAUTIFUL Saturday afternoon. I'm not going to lie, it is fun to have a party that is all. about. me! With parenthood being so imminent, I suppose I should have basked in the self-centeredness of it all a little more, since soon, it's never going to be about me again (not that I really mind...yet. :D)
This pose might be exaggerating my bump by just a bit, but rest assured, baby boy is getting pretty gigantic.
My GORGEOUS diaper cake. I didn't really get a picture that does it justice, but thanks Natasha, you're a diaper cake master. I loved it!
...Adorable napkins...
...Tasty desserts...
...Gift Table (Hi, Katy's head!)...
...Cards...
...I didn't notice the pen Heather was using to record gifts for me until I got home, but it amuses me to no end. It's a stork! For a baby shower! Get it? Also, look at the fun shadow it makes!
Lots of wonderful women from church and school came to celebrate with me. I don't have a ton of pictures as proof, but here is one of some of my favorite ladies. Fellow "law school widows" Angie and Gloria (i.e. we never see our husbands, law school has stolen them indefinitely), and first years, Katy, Alicia and Caitlin, who came to soak up some sun and party with me, despite it being the week before finals. Thanks girls, I was so happy to see you!
Me posing with the beautiful hostess. I swear Katy and I did not plan on matching so perfectly, but great minds and all...Also, Jessica in the background makes me happy.
It was a nice day... Thank you for inviting me!
ReplyDelete