Friday, April 16, 2010

Yogi Bears



These pictures were too silly not to post...

Thursday has become the highlight of my week for one reason: Yoga time with husband! Mark mentioned his new workout routine that requires him to do yoga every Thursday. I got him set up last week to do it with my yoga mat and whatnot. I was originally going to just hang out and help him with his form and make sure he's getting the exercises right, but it looked like too much fun, so I decided to give it a go. I was pretty impressed with Mark, this routine was not messing around, it was HARD. I'm a pretty proficient yogi and this was no walk in the park!

I've tried in the past to get Mark to do pilates with me, telling him what a great work out it was, but he wouldn't bite. It's been super fun starting our day embracing our inner om, thanks p90x! It gives me immense pleasure to look over my shoulder (or through my legs, depending on the pose) and see Mark stretching and straining. I'm not sure how much longer the belly's going to let me do the majority of the routine, but until I have to quit, I'll continue looking forward to Thursdays!

Nobody show this to my doctor...research probably shows that doing advanced yoga during pregnancy may cause my child to have an irrational fear of the color yellow, underdeveloped pinkie toes and/or some other equally ridiculous ailment...


There was only one picture of Mark doing yoga and he did NOT like it, so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it that he's a yoga champ now!

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome! i love you two doing yoga, i've heard that p90x is a great workout..is mark loving it?? keep it up!

    ReplyDelete