Kaela is doing great. Her belly is starting to get big and our child is a crazy kicking machine! The other day I was sitting down and Kaela was about to leave so we said a quick prayer and I was hugging her belly because she was standing up. Mid sentence of the prayer I feel this tap on my head and then about 10 seconds later another one. Our child was kicking me in the head! He's gonna be a turd, I can tell already. It was pretty cool that he was responding to my voice, much less cool that he was kicking me in the head, but I suppose that is his only way of saying hi, so I'll take it.
It's looking like he's gonna be a big boy! When we were at Kaela's appointment last week the doctor measured her belly and it was 1 cm bigger than what they typically see for how far along she is. The doctor thinks (and so do we) that he's gonna be pretty big. Luckily, the doctor told Kaela that if he weighs over 8 pounds when she's at 36 weeks then she'll induce her. Kaela was very very relieved, to say the least. So we'll see what happens...
Kaela has been putting on weight, which it what's supposed to be happening, what isn't supposed to be happening is me putting on weight right along with her. In her first trimester, when she was on the "The only thing I can eat is french fries" diet, it was great cause I love french fries too. Unfortunately, it was not so great on the ol' waistline. I only put on a few pounds but I wasn't really in great shape so I decided that I needed to actually try to do something about it. Enter P90X. I was thinking about doing it and when we went down to my parents a few weeks ago we were at dinner when my brother said that he had done some circuit training with a trainer at the gym and it kicked his butt. So I told him that we could do P90X because that's what it's all about. He gave me the go ahead and I've been getting my butt kicked for about 2 weeks now! It is pretty intense and as an added bonus for Kaela, she gets to watch me do things that she never thought I'd ever do, like yoga. Yes, yoga. I'm not gonna lie, yoga is crazy! By the time we were finished my entire body was shaking. It has been awesome so far and hopefully I'll be able to give my brother a run for his money by the time I'm done!
In other news, law school still sucks. I love it, but it sucks. Finals are about 3 weeks away and I'm having horrible flashbacks from last semester. Nothing like sleep deprivation, tons of caffeine, and mental exhaustion for 2 weeks! I'm convinced that if they sold diet coke in IV form I'd have to take out another loan! Something cool did happen last week at school though. I joined the Sports and Entertainment Law Society at Pepperdine last fall and was really excited about it but over the course of last semester and this one I was disappointed because it was very much an Entertainment Law Society and nothing to do with sports. Elections for a new President and Vice President were last week and I decided that if I wanted to do some sports law related things that I would have to do them myself. So I figured that I would run for VP and let someone else be the Pres. so that I could handle sports related stuff and the Pres. could do all the entertainment stuff. As it turned out, I decided that since I was running I might as well run for Pres. and so I'm now the President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society at Pepperdine which is pretty cool and I'm super excited about it!
29 weeks
Dad, Jenn and I reading an email on our phones, sent by Dave, from his phone. The family that blackberry's together, stays together!
That's all I have for now. I hope this posts finds you all happy and well!
-Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment