Thursday, October 7, 2010

You Know Your Apartment is Too Cold When...

...this is the only acceptably warm outfit you can come up with. He looks like a tiny Russian Czar.
Baby Boris

Bennett had his three month check up this Monday. Here are the stats:
weight: 13 lbs 8 oz (55th percentile)
height: 24 1/4 in (50th percentile)

Doc said he's doing great. He said he was "just perfect" actually. Nice to hear it confirmed by an expert, haha. :) Bennett is progressing normally - it's almost eerie how he hits the typical baby milestones so predictably. It's like, I read it in the baby development book, then he does it, right on cue. He might not be a genius (yet), but he sure is punctual! The only thing "abnormal" about him is his ridiculous strength. The doctor is still flabbergasted when he gives Bennett his check up and sees him exert those little baby muscles. He suggested we get a jump on the exersaucer type toys since Bennett's so active and no toy seems to interest him, besides his play mat, where he gets to kick and smack rattles with reckless abandon. I spent the week on Craigslist and this is what we came up with - it was an instant success!Mark tried to play with him but Bennett just glared at him every time, like, "Hey! Dad - back up off MY toy."
The playmat of mayhem. That black blurry thing is the poor penguin that takes the brunt of Bennett's attention (PETA would call it abuse)

Cousin Caleb LOVES Bennett. I think Bennett was totally weirded out by being held by someone so close to him in size, but he's more than happy to display his beer gut apparently.
Bennett is developing his finer motor skills nicely...This is what he chooses to do with it. Cutting out the middle man at meal time.

3 comments:

  1. even the dang blog makes my womb hurt and makes me cry! Curse you baby prince charming with your cute little eyes and chubby cheeks and bald head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet this little dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaela you have a great narrative going! I did laugh when your Russian comments matched my first impression about the outfit. And I kept chuckling as I read along. He is a darling child, I miss him and you too, must plan a visit! love, Mom

    ReplyDelete